REGISTER FOR 2023 FIELD TRIPS
GATES OPEN 12 PM THU-SUN | SEP 28- OCT 29
Welcome to the most interactive classroom in Arizona –the Arizona State Fair!
We are proud to host interactive educational opportunities for public, private, charter, and home school groups. Field trips are FREE for all participants – both students and adult chaperones, and include a curriculum aligned to the Arizona Department of Education State Standards for English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
How the Arizona State Fair Field Trip Works:
- REGISTER – Complete the online Field Trip Registration Form. Your registration must be received no later than October 1. Register HERE
- CONFIRM – A confirmation email will be sent after your registration is confirmed. Please allow up to five (5) business days for your request to be processed. Prior to your confirmed attendance date, a reminder will be emailed with check-in details. All registered children and adult chaperones will be admitted free of charge when checking in as a registered group. **Once your form is submitted, you’ll receive an email confirmation, which is all you need to bring the day of your Field Trip (along with your fun meter). Details regarding check-in will be sent closer to the Fair.**
- ARRIVE – All field trip groups MUST check in at the designated gate between 10:00 AM-11:30 AM. Field trip groups are required to present a printed copy of their confirmation email to collect their packet and gain entrance to the Fair. Admission will be charged to chaperones entering separately from their group. Field trip groups MUST check-in and enter the Fair prior to 11:30 AM. No field trip check-ins will be allowed after 11:30 AM (even if the group is pre-registered).
2023 AVAILABLE FIELD TRIP DATES: OCT 19-20 & OCT 26
Field trip groups are allowed to enter between 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM only for FREE admission.
We encourage field trips to carpool whenever possible. School buses receive complimentary parking; however, all cars and vans will be charged a per vehicle parking fee on all Field Trip days. Convenient parking is available on our North Lot (accessible at 19th Avenue & Monte Vista) or across 19th Avenue in our West Lot (accessible at Encanto and 20th ave), starting at 10 a.m. ADA parking is available in both lots.
Be sure to register early so that we can include you on our list to receive emails and announcements for upcoming events that will help you plan for an AWESOME field trip to the Arizona State Fair!
LAST DAY TO RESERVE YOUR FIELD TRIP IS OCT 1
The AZSF Field Trip Package Includes:
-Early Admission to the Fair (10:00 AM – 11:30 AM)
-FREE Admission to the Fair (for students and adult chaperones pre-registered and entering as part of their group)
-Kerr’s Farm Tours presented by Arizona Milk Producers (Farm Tours open at 10:00 AM)
-Arizona Agriculture Display (Ag Center and Livestock Barns open at 10:00 AM)
-Cross-Curricular Educational Opportunities and Interactive Curriculum (K-3rd Grade; Science, Social Studies, Math, Language Arts, Fine Arts)
-Arizona State Fair Experience
-An Amazing Day!
Field trips are FREE (during designated dates/times) to registered students AND adult chaperones. Chaperones entering separately from their group will be required to pay regular admission at the gate ($15/person). Field trip groups are not allowed in for free admission after 11:30 AM on designated field trip days.
On designated Field Trip days, all field trip groups MUST check in between 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM at the designated gate. Field trip groups are invited to stay at the Fair all day!
Yes, youth organization groups such as Boys and Girls Club, 4-H, and Boy and Girl Scouts may participate as a group in the AZSF Field Trip program during field trip designated dates/times (Oct 19-20, and Oct 26; 10:00 AM -11:30 AM). Register for the AZSF Field Trip by completing the online registration form.
Several exhibits are open early just for the field trips! Exhibits that open at 10:00 AM include:
- Home Arts (Home Arts Building)
- Fine Arts (North Hall)
- School/4H/Textile Entries (South Hall)
- Best of Arizona (South Hall)
- All Barns (Ag Center, Animal Barns)
- Kerr’s Farm Tours presented by AZ Milk Producers (Ag Center)
- Arizona Agriculture Display (West End of Cattle Barn)
- Thunderbird Model Railroad (Grandstand)
Your group may stay as long as you’d like. The Arizona State Fair is a HUGE interactive classroom that includes educational exhibits as well as competitive Fine Arts, Home Arts, and Livestock exhibits, and Community Stages. We encourage you to make your trip and experience more meaningful by planning enough time to take in all the Fair has to offer. We invite you to stay for an entire day!
Fair attractions include:
- Carnival Rides & Games * ride & game tickets not included in field trip package
- Petting Zoo
- Community Stage Performances
- Grounds Entertainment
All cars and vans will be charged a per vehicle parking fee on all field trip days. Parking is available in our North Lot. Discount Lot parking will be available starting at 10:00 AM in the West Lot (located at the SW corner of 19th Ave & Encanto). ADA parking is available in both the Main Lot and West Lot.
Yes, groups may bring bag lunches to the Fairgrounds. However, no designated storage areas are available for school lunch coolers and the AZSF is not responsible for lost, spoiled, or missing lunches. Fair concessions will also be available after the Fair opens at its regular time at 12:00 PM.
Carnival rides and games are not included as part of the field trip but are available after the Fair opens at its regular time at 12:00 PM.