Best of Arizona
Livestock Entries General Rules and Dates
Below are each of the livestock entries categories. Please note, forms are being added to the site on a regular basis. If your chosen competition has not yet been added, continue to check back.
For each livestock competition, click on the appropriate icon to download the PDF application and all associated rules and regulations. This must be completed for EACH competition you wish to enter.
Please note, PDF files may take some time to load. We appreciate your patience.
If you require further assistance, please contact us at 602.257.7142
The requirements and rules for showing livestock at the State Fair are found here.
Look here for all the current health requirements and details for your animals and their entry into the fair.
Here is a list of the important dates for livestock. Included, you’ll find deadlines for entry, arrival and release dates, as well as, dates for judging.
Test your judging skills here! It’s the contest that puts the kids on the other end of animal judging. Youth exhibitors judge a variety of species, all vying for the title Champion Livestock Judge.
The rules (in addition to the General Rules) for youth (ages 9-19) to show their animals and compete at the State Fair. 4H, FFA and other organized Arizona youth are all welcome to participate.
Online Sign Up
We encourage you to complete your entries online. You can do so by clicking the “I Agree” link below after you have read and agreed to all rules. The rules may be found by clicking on each department above. Before you submit an online entry you must agree to the following:
- I have read and agree to all rules.
- I understand that, if I am entering an entry I must enter online and supply the office with any additional paperwork that is required per the rules and payment prior to entry deadline.
- I understand that if I am entering an entry I must sign and submit a release of liability form with my entry ~ check your department above to determine which form to use.
- I understand that no entry is valid until received in the Arizona State Fair office and approved by staff.
- I understand that there are minimum system requirements for online entries and that this service may not be available to me or the department I wish to enter.
To be informed sign up for emails or check back!
Sale of Champions
Children ages 9 to 19 auction off their prize-winning animals and learn about the business of agriculture and livestock. Champion pigs, beef cattle, sheep, meat goats and turkeys will be sold to the highest bidder. After the market animals, Jersey Futurity Heifers will be sold to local dairymen! For information Call Jen Yee